Transport Grant Request
Transport grants will require detailed information regarding the proposed transport. These grants are accepted on a case by case basis so that the van may be used in the most efficient manner.
The van can be used for animals located anywhere. Successful applicants will have a well thought out plan including quarantine, veterinary care and receiving organization. Additional funds may be available for these areas on a case by case basis.
All persons driving the transport vehicle must have a valid drivers license and auto insurance as required by Florida law.
To ensure we are funding efficient and legitimate projects, the EAC will only consider grant requests from organizations and must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) corporation
- Be in good standing within the community.
- Provide recent year financial statements.
- Address situations specifically in the Everglades and surrounding areas.
- Agree to provide accurate receipts and reporting with 3 months of project completion and every three months if ongoing.
- Agree to use only licensed, insured drivers as required by Florida law.
- Conduct safety inspections of animals and multiple stops to address any animal needs.
- Transport animals in a HUMANE and safe manner.
- Follow all local laws regarding transporting animals.
- Follow all driving laws at all times.
- Conduct the project with dignity and respect regarding the local community.
Grant applications are a rolling submission and we will notify only winners. They will be accepted on a case by case basis.